Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Puzzle #3

Puzzle #3 was a picture of two lovebirds feeding each other.

On the back was the poem, “Two little love birds sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes love, then comes marriage, then come the baby in the baby carriage.”

I knew immediately that he was referring to the tree we climbed on one of our first dates. The time he wanted to kiss me but chickened out. So we went there and sure enough, there was a grocery bag hanging in the tree. How romantic! Thanks for making me climb a tree. I appreciated it. What will he come up with next? So I climbed the tree and got the bag. Inside there were a bunch of chocolate kisses. I wasn’t quite sure what to do with them, so we started walking back to my apartment. Then I realized that if there was a Clue #1, there had to be a Clue #2. But where was it? He gave me the clue, “If you were me, what would you do?” There had to be something else in the tree. So we turned around to go back to the tree. He was just bluffing.

The next clue was actually hidden in one of the kisses. We went back to my apartment and spread them out on the table. I got the correct one on the second try. Yes! I’m good. It was a little larger at the bottom compared to the others, how could it be any other one?

Clue #2 said, “First you must kiss me here and now. Second, go to the place where I first had the guts to kiss the most beautiful girl in the world.” We headed towards my doorstep. My roommate Mel had intercepted the clue earlier. She slipped it through the crack in the open door and I looked down and picked it up.

It had a poem and at the bottom said, “The answer to Puzzle #3 is ‘flavoury’” What kind of word is that? Umm…isn’t that British spelling? I don’t think that is an actual word in the American English dictionary. Where is this going? I now had three clues…how did they fit together?

No comments: