Thursday, January 10, 2008

Puzzle #5

Puzzle #5 was emailed to me because it was girls’ night at my apartment. No boys allowed! He had told me the night before that I would be getting my clue in the mailbox. He didn’t tell me that it would be an electronic one. He made me feel silly for checking the mailbox on my way in from work that day. I had received the email earlier when I was at work but didn’t check it until I got home.

Attached was a song, which I had to identify. The song was “One,” by Three Dog Night.

That night, I also received a call that Jeremy didn’t think would happen. My dad called to say that Jeremy had called to ask for my hand. I was expecting this, although I didn’t think that it would occur this soon. I was still under the impression that he wasn’t going to propose for some time, at least sometime when I was going to finish working through the puzzles. He even told me that it wouldn’t conflict with my schedule. I wasn’t quite sure what to think of this. I knew that I had MLK weekend off, as well as the first couple of weeks of February. So I was thinking that he was going to propose sometime on one of those weekends. How wrong I was. I had my first overly large clue, but I didn’t pick up on it as well as I should have.

No comments: